Android Auto - Google Maps, Media & Messaging
Android Auto - Google Maps, Media & Messaging review
Android Auto is an AI-based driving companion app. It is beneficial for all the drivers on the road. The app was created by Google LLC. It is available on Android smartphones as well.
Design and Usability 10/10
Usually, we don’t expect an advanced design from similar apps. However, Android Auto offers an engaging interface, well-developed, and colorful. While you are driving, this app helps you to navigate and perform other types of activities without any distractions. One tap allows you to reach everything you need, including your favorite music collection. It reveals the map and will navigate you all the way to the destination. Control everything using your voice, with a hands-free option. Whenever you need to message someone, dictate it to the app. The tools are not signed but all the icons are understandable, so you don’t have to waste your time on learning.
Key Functions 10/10
The app is helpful for drivers. You have to stay focused on the road, while getting connected to your Google Assistant. The main features that attract drivers to this app:
- Find the best and easiest way to get to your destination with the help of Waze or Google Maps. You will be warned in case of a traffic jam;
- The anytime unpredictable situation happens on the road in front of you, you get notified;
- While you are driving, Google Assistant checks out your schedule and inform you about upcoming events, so you can drive there;
- You may get voice notifications on news, last night’s match scores;
- While you are driving, you can use “do not distract mode”, so no one will be able to reach you;
- Answer calls with a tap, using Google Assistant;
- Navigate your messaging apps via this app;
- Turn on and change your radio station if you need, listen to your own music lists in Spotify, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Google Play Music.
Despite its yet flawless reputation, Android Auto is synced with too many other apps and third parties. Yet, you have to provide them access to your personal accounts inside the app. This is why there are high risks of security breaches. You may use extra passwords and be extremely careful.
- The app contains several bugs
- Multiple functions controlled by voice
- User-friendly navigation
- Free of charge app